Chunky and creamy seafood chowder recipe
Incredibly moreish hearty, chunky and creamy seafood chowder, packed with smoked cod, prawns, mussels and potatoes is especially tasty when served alongside crisp garlic bread.
- Serves: 4 persons
- 1tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 175gram packet rindless bacon rashers, chopped
- 1medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1clove garlic, crushed
- ¼cup plain flour
- 2cup milk, warmed
- 1 ½cup fish stock
- 2medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 125gram can corn kernels, rinsed
- 350gram mixed seafood or seafood marinara mix
- 2tablespoon finely chopped chives
Step 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over moderately high heat. Cook and stir bacon for 5 minutes or until brown.
Step 2Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Stir in flour until combined. Gradually add milk, stock and potato, stirring. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
Step 3Stir in corn and marinara mix. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until seafood is just cooked. Remove from heat. Season with salt and ground white pepper.
Step 4Ladle soup into bowls. Serve sprinkled with chives.