Vegan apple cake
Try Vegan apple cake by FOOBY now. Or discover other delicious recipes from our category Vegan.
|500 g||light spelt flour|
|½ tsp||baking powder|
|300 g||vegan butter|
|300 g||apple sauce|
|2 tbsp||soya cream|
|1 tbsp||maple syrup|
- Pastry dough
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl, mix. Add the vegan butter and rub together using your hands to form an even, crumbly mixture. Pour in the water and mix quickly to form a soft dough; knead briefly. Flatten the dough, cover and chill for approx. 20 mins.
- Halve the dough, roll out both pieces (approx. 32 cm in diameter) on a lightly floured surface, place one half in the prepared tin. Prick the base firmly with a fork, chill for approx. 15 mins. Cut the second half into strips of varying widths. Plait several strips into braids, chill.
- Spread the apples over the base, top with the apple sauce. Mix the sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle on top.
- Place the strips and braids on top of the pie in any pattern you like, press down well. Mix the soya cream and maple syrup, brush the strips and braids with the glaze.
- To bake
- Approx. 35 mins. in the lower half of an oven preheated to 200°C. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, remove from the tin, serve warm.
- 12 persons