Alpine macaroni with quince compote
Try Alpine macaroni with quince compote by FOOBY now. Or discover other delicious recipes from our category main dish.
|2 ½ dl||water|
|3 tbsp||birnel (pear syrup)|
|½ dl||lemon juice|
|¼ tsp||bourbon vanilla powder|
|90 g||country bacon in slices|
|250 g||waxy potatoes|
|150 g||semi-hard cheese|
|5 ½ dl||beef bouillon|
|2 ½ dl||single cream|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Rub the quince clean with a towel, peel, quarter, core and chop into approx. 2 cm cubes. Place 450 g of the quince into a pan. Set aside the remainder.
- Quince puree
- Add the water, pear syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon and vanilla to the quince in the pan, mix, bring to the boil, cover and cook over a medium heat for approx. 20 mins. until soft. Puree the quince, keep warm.
- Cut the bacon into thin strips. Peel the shallots and cut into thin rings. Fry both in a frying pan for approx. 10 mins. until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels, set aside.
- Alpine macaroni
- Cut the potatoes into approx. 2 cm cubes. Roughly grate the cheese.
- Bring the stock and cream to the boil in a pan, add the potatoes and the remainder of the diced quince, cover and cook over a low heat for approx. 10 mins.
- Add the pasta, cover and cook until the pasta is al dente and all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in the cheese, season. Plate up the alpine macaroni, add the topping, serve with the quince puree.
- 4 persons