Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes
Try Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes by FOOBY now. Or discover other delicious recipes from our category main dish.
|500 g||mealy potatoes|
|½ dl||single cream for sauces|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|25 g||salted butter|
|1||spring onion incl. green part|
|500 g||minced meat (beef and pork)|
|1 tsp||mild paprika|
|¾ tsp||ground cloves|
|¾ tsp||ground cardamom|
|1 dl||white wine|
|½ tbsp||Maizena cornflour|
|2 dl||beef bouillon|
|1 ½ dl||single cream for sauces|
- Mashed potatoes
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Press the garlic. Cook the potatoes and garlic (uncovered) in boiling salted water for approx. 20 mins. until soft. Drain the water, allow the residual moisture to evaporate by swirling the pan on the switched-off hob.
- Roughly mash the potatoes with a fork or potato masher. Stir in the single cream and butter, season. Cover the mashed potatoes and keep warm.
- Cut the spring onion into thin rings, set aside the greens. Press the garlic clove. Heat a dash of oil in a non-stick frying pan. Briefly sauté the onion and garlic, place in a bowl, leave to cool. Add the mince and all the other ingredients up to and including the salt, knead well by hand until the ingredients have combined to form a compact mass.
- With wet hands, shape into approx. 30 balls.
- To fry
- Heat a dash of oil in the same frying pan. Fry the meatballs in batches for approx. 6 mins. all over. Remove.
- Pour the wine into the frying pan, reduce to half the amount. Mix the cornflour with the stock and single cream, pour into the pan, bring to the boil while stirring, simmer for approx. 3 mins., season. Return the meatballs to the pan, simmer for approx. 5 mins. Serve the Swedish meatballs with the mashed potatoes. Finely chop the parsley, use as garnish along with the reserved spring onion greens.
- 4 persons