Chocolate and hazelnut meringue cake
Try Chocolate and hazelnut meringue cake by FOOBY now. Or discover other delicious recipes from our category desserts.
|200 g||dark chocolate|
|120 g||ground hazelnuts|
|50 g||white flour|
|½ tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||white wine vinegar|
|150 g||finest sugar|
|1 tbsp||cocoa powder|
|a little||cocoa powder|
- Place the chocolate in a thin-sided bowl and suspend over a gently simmering bain-marie, ensuring that the bowl does not touch the water. Melt the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Cake mixture
- Place the butter in a bowl, beat in the sugar and salt. Whisk in the egg yolks one at a time, continue to mix until the mixture becomes lighter in colour. Stir in the chocolate and milk. Combine the hazelnuts, flour and baking powder, stir into the mixture. Mix in the hazelnuts and orange zest. Transfer the cake mixture to the prepared tin.
- To bake
- Approx. 10 mins. in the lower half of an oven preheated to 180°C.
- Beat the egg whites with the vinegar and salt until stiff. Gradually add the sugar, continue to beat until the egg whites turn glossy. Sieve the cocoa powder over the beaten egg whites, mix carefully and spread on top of the cake.
- Return to the oven
- Bake for approx. 20 mins., remove and allow to cool slightly. Remove the tin frame, slide the cake onto a cooling rack along with the baking paper, leave to cool. Dust with cocoa powder.
- 12 persons